How to take care of your wetsuit
Get the most out of your investment in a fine wetsuit; please take a few minutes to read these tips about how to care for your suit.
Why is this important?
- You want your suit to keep keeping you warm.
- You might want to keep your suit looking nice.
- You definitely don't want your suit to stink.
Always keep your suit away from:
- Sunlight, UV light and heat
- Strong cleansers and detergents
- Automobile and other exhaust
- Petroleum products like oil and gasoline
- Solvents and aerosols
Before getting in the water
Put the wetsuit on carefully - avoid pulling hard on the seams. Point your fingers and toes when putting on the arms and legs so you don't snag the inner material, especially if the suit has a Neoskin interior.
When you're in the water
Avoid contact with reef, rocks, and other sharp things that could rip the suit.
When you get out of the water
- Unzip all the zippers.
- Remove the suit carefully.
- Turn the suit inside-out.
- Ideally soak the suit in clean warm water for about 15 minutes. If the material is soiled, add a small amount of mild soap like Woolite® to the water and be sure to rinse in clear water. Never use harsh detergents, chemicals or anything that contains bleach as these can damage neoprene and cause colors to fade.
- If soaking isn't possible, rinse the suit well inside and out with fresh water as soon as you can.
- Dry the suit thoroughly in a well-ventilated area away from heat and sunlight. Ideally lay it flat, otherwise hang it on a wide wetsuit hanger to prevent creasing.
- Close all Hook & Loop fasteners
- Store in a cool, dry and ideally flat place.
If your suit is damaged
Contact us about our repair services.